How is it Wednesday again?  Anyway.


I finished the final major revision.  I had the manuscript printed and coil-bound on Monday and am using that for final proofreading and to help me with the synopsis.  (More on that in tomorrow’s blog post.)

It’s exciting and unnerving at the same time to think that I might be sending this darling into the world as early as sometime next week.

I continue to revise and tweak my query letter.  Hopefully I’m close.  Once the main synopsis is done I’ll have to set about contracting it to one page, two pages, and maybe even five, depending on how long it starts out at.  My list of agents to query have varying requirements on the length of the synopsis they want, if one is asked for at all.  So that adds an extra challenge to the process but I’m up for it.

Mirror, Mirror:

Well, first off, CHAPTER 5 IS DONE!

Ahem.  Sorry.

Secondly, I have to come with a new (working) title.  See, I discovered that a pretty popular author has already used this title for one of their books.  I know you can’t copyright titles, but I’m just not going to go there with this one.  So, I’m back at the drawing board.

I decided over the weekend that I needed to re-design a palace and city that my characters are headed for in the next chapter so that’s stalled me a little as I sit stumped at my computer trying to figure out a layout for both that will both be realistic and serve the needs of my characters and story.